Author Topic: Freind in the business tip and tricks of the trade!  (Read 306 times)

Hurricanecharly

• View Profile
Freind in the business tip and tricks of the trade!
« on: May 12, 2019, 07:11:24 PM »
I asked our R.o, score keeper, and web master, Sudden Sam to add this heading in the Hope's that we can help new and experienced  shooters improve their enjoyment  of cowboy  action shooting!
This column will be a good place to share tips on practice, and strategies  to shoot better!

No need to be a world champion to chime in with you're opinions or questions,  there is something  to be learned from everyone!

I'll start the ball rolling: dryfire, stage you're guns correctly and never quit till its over!
Dry fire is boring some people say,find a way to make it fun.
Use a timer set a par time and try to beat it!
Look at it as 20 minutes  of exercise!
Stageing guns correctly: never want to cross guns, and want to pick up next gun where you finish with previous gun!
Never quite  till stage is done, being mad or disappointed  in what has went wrong during stage can wait till after stage is done, during stage think quickly  and ( stop the bleeding) you competitor  maybe having issues only sure way to lose is to quit!
All these topics and more can go on and on, I've been shooting for over 7 years and have had tips given to me, but  it's slow coming.
If we all chime in on this I hope to flatten the learning curve for every one interested!
What advise can you share?

Hurricanecharly

• View Profile
Re: Freind in the business tip and tricks of the trade!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 05:30:23 PM »
Good one I got from Unpleasant, back in the day when he would not even say mornin!
Goal : 2 revolvers 5 ends each.
Draw and fire 1 rnd out of each revolver, alternating, at 10 seconds or under.
Start this obviously dry firing  with par time set at 10 seconds.
As with all dry firing start slow and correct,build speed, then finish slow and correct.
Do 10 times a day for at least 4 days a week, in 45 days you will be amazed!

Hurricanecharly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 05:38:12 PM »
Slow Jen  has a time with swinging targets and the legion popper.
Told her all I know to tell, any advice from past or present  clay peigion  shooters?

Hurricanecharly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 07:06:08 PM »
Post it notes.
Take a white  post it note wrap around your  pistol, rifle , shot gun muzzle with  note part up in front of sight.
Dry fire like that 2 times a week!.