Author Topic: PCC Recommendation  (Read 564 times)

keystone

• View Profile
PCC Recommendation
« on: July 01, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
Thinking of purchasing a PCC in 9mm, not for matches just blinking & home defense. Any recommendations or do not buys?

Thanks, Keystone
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:08:34 AM by keystone »

TN Mongo

• View Profile
Re: PCC Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 10:23:32 AM »
I bought the Ruger because of good reviews, but I have yet to play with it yet.

BarkeepCasey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 11:17:04 AM »
Keystone, I wrote you a fairly detailed answer on your post on the Ocoee Ranger Forum. Hope it helps. I was a little vague on the different AR platforms, but if you consider going that way we can get you more information on the companies that we see good reliability and success with.

Hurricanecharly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 06:55:30 PM »
Sorry I'm late to the post Keystone.
I have and have shot Sig mpx, he mp5 high point and the scorpion all good at different price points.
When it comes to cost and availability of parts to maintain or trick out nothing beats the ar 9, it is the Chevy 350 off pcc,s.
Top end jp, ready to win waiting on you! 2100 up.
Good gun that can compete and be slowly upgraded to jp.  Palmetto state armory. 550 to 625.
If I know you are coming all bring all mine and let you try them!
Be warned its ADDICTIVE FUN!.

keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 07:41:57 AM »
Thanks for replies. My daughter & I looked the Ruger PC Carbine over but didn't like the fit & feel. It was my 1st option with a price of $484. Haven't seen many PCC's as the availability is limited. Will take a look at the AR-9 if I can find one.

Hurricanecharly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 08:38:46 PM »
Keystone  I read both replies here and on rangers forumn.
It is a personal  preference, my father has the ruger and it's a good gun but it's a pig with weight.
C.m.mg was recommended  and is a great gun, but it does have some proprietary  parts you can only get from them.
SlowJen  and I plan to be at oakridge next saturday if you want I'd be glad to bring several you can at least try pleasants advice was tried and true try before you buy if you can.
Ar 9 checks more boxes than the others, but in the end it is personal ( what you like).
All have strengths and weaknesses.
You may want to contact T bone Angus I believe he has several in stock